Apprenons les langues ensembles
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Apprenons les langues ensembles

Quand on apprend en autodidacte, sans stages ni formations, on apprend souvent seul. Pourquoi ne pas plutôt unir nos efforts? Ce serait sans doute plus efficace et surtout beaucoup plus agréable! =D P'tit surnom du forum : ALE

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-55%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – STMT0-74101 – 38 pièces – ...
21.99 € 49.04 €
Voir le deal

Let's talk in english

+3
Yagoso
Nell
Eclipse
7 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

Let's talk in english Empty
MessageSujet: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeSam 10 Nov - 20:50

In this thread, you have to speak ONLY in english! No french allowed! You can correct other people and talk about whatever you want! ^^

So... I don't know what to say Razz Okay, maybe about the books you read in english (no, I didn't think to that because of Nell's introduction What a Face ).

I'm actually reading Harry Potter in english, book one, and I read Animorphs, book two, The Visitor, and a Detective Conan fanfiction called Fallout ^^
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://langues-ensemble.forumactif.org
Nell
Futur polyglotte

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeSam 10 Nov - 22:17

That's a good idea, to speak about our readings (what is more, that's thanks to me that you had this idea, isn't it cool? What a Face )

I haven't read any book you evoked. *shame*. Imagine, I’ve never read Harry Potter. That’s a crime, isn’t it? Seriously, I really need to read some book… Embarassed

As for me, I’m reading “The Wise Man’s Fear”, by Patrick Rothfuss (a really good book moreover, if you don’t know what to read, I recommend it to you!), and I’m also reading two mangas : “Ao No Exorcist” (also called “Blue Exorcist”) and “D. Gray-Man”. I have also begin to read “The eighty dollar champion” (that’s the true story of a horse intended for the abattoir, and who was saved and trained and who become a great champion), but I make a pause in the reading because I really have difficulties to understand.
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeSam 10 Nov - 22:32

Yeah xD

You... You never read Harry Potter? Even in french? Oh my God! Shame on you! Razz*Go out* Just kidding! ^^ I loved those books, but you don't have to read them if you don't want to ^^

You're reading all of those books in english in the same time?! Oo (Er, books and manga xD). Wow, good luck! xD I understand why you need a break! xD How do you find books in english? By internet or do you know somewhere to buy books in english.

I'd like to read “The Wise Man’s Fear” when I'll find it and when I'll have time! Razz

Oh, and I forgot, I have a book of Cherub's serie (I forgot the name ^^" Vandales or something I think), but I just began it, and I'm reading Harry Potter actually, I'll read it after, so that doesn't really count. Oh, and thanks to you, I just  remembered that I had another book in english from the serie Warriors, I'll read it I think (when I bought it, I didn't have the same level in english than actually, since I went to Canada my english is so much better ^^')

Dernière édition par Eclipse le Dim 24 Nov - 12:32, édité 1 fois
Nell
Futur polyglotte

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeDim 11 Nov - 20:10

No, I never read Harry Potter ^^. My mother read me the first tome aloud when I was young, but it’s like she didn’t, because I don’t remember anything…

In fact, I’m reading just one book, since I’m making a pause in the reading of the other. The mangas, I’m not really reading them, because I’ve already read the beginning, and I’m just reading the following chapters when I find them online.

“The Wise Man’s Fear”, I’ve bought it on the internet. The mangas, like I said, I read them online. And “The eighty dollar champion”, a French- American friend had lent me it (in fact, my friend is French, because she was born in France and she lives in France, but I said she is American too, because she had spent a few years in USA in her youth, she had the nationality American, and she’s still working with American. Anyway, I guess you don’t give a damn about that.).

Start maybe with “The Name of the Wind”, it could be good to start with the beginning and to understand the story, don’t you think so? ^^. And if you don’t have the time or the patience to read it in English, do it in French at least. It’s really a great book, you won’t regret it!

You were to Canada? Oh, lucky devil! I never travel in another country than a European country. Were you there in holidays? Or were you there with school?
You’re really luck. I’ve always dreamed to go to Canada. It seems to be a so beautiful country. Where were you?

Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeDim 11 Nov - 21:58

Ah yeah, online, of course u__u I feel stupid (I read mangas online too). Dunno if I'll read the books you're talking about soon, I have a lot of books and fanfictions to read (in french and in english! xD), but I'll write the title somewhere for remind me ^^

And yeah, I went to Canada What a Face For two months (no, a little more than two months) and it was for an exchange. But the family where I was... Er, they wasn't very nice. I went back home two weeks before I should, and I host another girl at (my) home.

Gosh, I'm impressed by your level in english! Mine was really bad before to go to Canada! And even know, I feel like if I wasn't as good as I thought I was just after Canada (I think I lost some of the improvement I made). I have to improve my level! xD Talking about that, I'm watching a movie in english right know, Twilight.
Yagoso
Bilingue
Yagoso

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMer 14 Nov - 19:56

Hi you two I am doing an intrusion in you're conversation ^^. I am feeling very ignorant by being the only who didn't read a book in english but like french says it is never to late to start so Eclipse where have found you're english book?
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMer 14 Nov - 21:35

Welcome in the chat Yagoso! Wink I'll start by correcting the mistakes I see Razz

Yagoso a écrit:
Hi you two I am doing an intrusion in you're conversation ^^. I am feeling very ignorant by being the only X who didn't read a book in english but like french says it is never to late to start so Eclipse where X have found you're english book?

X >> There's something missing.

"Hi you two, I am doing an intrusion in YOUR conversation". Not you're, it's our conversation, with the personal pronoun YOUR when it's you who are talking about it, not with "you are" xD

"I am feeling very ignorant by being the only ONE". Not sure about this, but I feel like if it was better to add "one" after "only". Nell, what do you think? ^^'

"Eclipse where DID YOU FIND YOUR english book?" You have to use an auxiliary, do, at the past, did, and the subject and the verb, "find", but to the present, okay? ^^ And same mistake than at the beginning for "your" ^^ Be careful! =D

So, now, for answer to your question, I bought my english books on internet or I buy them in a shop (I found an english book in a Fnac shop). And I printed some english fanfictions, as you know xD
Nell
Futur polyglotte

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMer 14 Nov - 21:49

@ Eclipse : Two month in Canada! Was it within the framework of school or of an exchange program? In any case, you’re really luck! It’s a real pity that your host family wasn’t very nice…

Oh, thank you (: But I’m not good in english, I really have to improve my level!

Watch film is one of the best ways to learn english, I think. I have difficulties to understand when somebody speaks english, that’s why I watch several movies in english: it helps me very much.

Ah, I never see Twilight either. I really have a bad cinematographic and literary culture in fact ^^’

@ Yagoso : Like you said, it’s never too late to start. You’ll see, read books in english helps very much to improve the writing comprehension.

Like Eclipse, I advises you to read fanfictions or mangas online to begin, it’s easy to understand (of course, it depends what you read, but you can easily find something easy to understand) and, above all, it’s free ^^

Ah, and like Eclipse, I think that the good expression is "the only one".
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMer 14 Nov - 22:51

That was for an exchange, and both of us have to improve your level! xD No, all of us, Yagoso too ^^

I'm watching movies too, because even if my oral comprehension is better, I always need to improve it (and I think I understand really less than when I was just back from Canada). It's better without subtitles, but... harder! xD

Before to go to Canada, I couldn't read in english (didn't have a level enough good and enough vocabulary for that), now it's best but yeah, I think that's really something that can help (if you have a level good enough, if you don't, that's just impossible xD)

Yeah, you can read fanfictions on internet for free or buy books in english, it's like you want ^^

That's not a problem if you never seen Twilight, and you have a perfect literary culture as you read Pierre Bottero! xD *Go out*
MeitanteiEdogawa
Futur polyglotte
MeitanteiEdogawa

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 21:35

Only in English ! Well, I'll try to do the maximum.
I haven't read a lot of books in English. Sherlock Holmes, for example. I wanted to read Harry Potter in English, but I didn't have the time.

During the summer holidays, I think going to a family of friends in the United States to improve my English.
Yagoso
Bilingue
Yagoso

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 21:55

you will go to the United States that's very good to improve your English. Do you know in which state you will go ?
meitantei-SilverBullet
Bilingue
meitantei-SilverBullet

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 22:13

I'll be happy to help everyone to progress and learn many things about the english language.
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 22:16

Oh good, going in the country is the best way to learn a langage! ^^ You'll stay there during how many time?
MeitanteiEdogawa
Futur polyglotte
MeitanteiEdogawa

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 22:26

I probably go to San Francisco for at least a month.
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 22:29

MeitanteiEdogawa a écrit:
I probably go to San Francisco for at least a month.

"I'll probably go" is best no? You'll go in the futur ^^
MeitanteiEdogawa
Futur polyglotte
MeitanteiEdogawa

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Nov - 22:31

Ah yes... A horrible mistake. My apologies.
Yagoso
Bilingue
Yagoso

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeLun 19 Nov - 22:49

I was asking me that and i thought that was better to ask it here : what means meitantei because there are two of you who have it in your nickname.

Ps: i know the curiosity killed the cat but I hate cats Twisted Evil

edit: I have forget the "ed" in killed
MeitanteiEdogawa
Futur polyglotte
MeitanteiEdogawa

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeLun 19 Nov - 23:08

Meitantei means "detective" in Japanese.
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMar 20 Nov - 15:50

tantei means detective (private eye) in japanese, meitantei is a famous detective too (even if in french they translated the name Meitantei Conan as Détective Conan)
Sanga
Futur polyglotte
Sanga

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMar 20 Nov - 19:15

And if MeitanteiEdogawa and meitantei-SilverBullet have a same word in their pseudo (??); it's beacause they like Meintantei Conan !

I am sure, I made many mistakes ^^'

Dernière édition par Sanga le Mer 21 Nov - 14:27, édité 1 fois
MeitanteiEdogawa
Futur polyglotte
MeitanteiEdogawa

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMar 20 Nov - 21:07

Blasphemies! Meitantei Conan (or Konan), but not Maintantei Conan. We must say "username".

Dernière édition par MeitanteiEdogawa le Mer 21 Nov - 14:59, édité 1 fois
Sanga
Futur polyglotte
Sanga

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeMer 21 Nov - 14:28

I don't understand ^^'
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeSam 24 Nov - 12:00

Sanga a écrit:
And if MeitanteiEdogawa and meitantei-SilverBullet have a same word in their pseudo (??); it's beacause they like Meintantei Conan !

I am sure, I made many mistakes ^^'

Meintantei Conan? What's that? Razz

I think MeitanteiEdogawa is right, we don't say pseudo but username in english ^^ But I didn't check in a dictionnary Razz
Twisted Zero
Bilingue
Twisted Zero

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeJeu 29 Nov - 20:27

Eclipse was saying that the forum wasn't very active, so I thought, why not make it active.
So here you are reading my incredible post (no I'm not narcissistic, not at all ^^), because you got nothing else to do.
And while you are reading, you are thinking about how awesome I am for writing this.
And now because i got rid of your boredom during 30 seconds you should thank me. Very Happy
Eclipse
~ Fondatrice
Eclipse

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitimeSam 1 Déc - 21:50

xD Er, I would like to post to make the thread active, but I couldn't as I'm the last who posted ^^ Your english's good! Very Happy And no, you're not narcissistic at all Razz So, that's up all of you?
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Let's talk in english   Let's talk in english Icon_minitime

Let's talk in english
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant